Saturday 23 June 2012

June update

I just looked at the date of the last post I made here. Can't believe it's almost three weeks ago. Still it has been a very hectic few weeks.

So what's prevented me from blogging. Apart from lack of discipline of course.

It would be too long, to go through the whole month but let's take a look at my last week.

I'm in the middle of a new enterprise. Hosting a telesummit. Decided in April to have a go and am taking a training with Sharon Crawford of Spiritual Messengers Worldwide. Fabulous decision to have made.

Already the support I've received from Sharon has far outweighed the purchase price of the whole package. Why?

Well I've had an hour long one to one Skype session with Sharon, helping me become very clear about the reason for doing the telesummit, the title and the speakers I wanted to attract.

That in iself, the speaker selection, is such an intense process. Yes I need some big names to attract the audience but that's not the only reason to choose people. Sharon and her co-host on the package Tamra Fleming have some great advice on the first audio call in the package.

And the documentation you need. Without the templates they provide, I'd have been tearing my hair out.

That's only one part of the whole enterprise. As I go through it I'll post updates with my ups and downs.

So I have been occupied with that. Plus my normal work which included an article proof read. Since it was a medical article destined for a prestigious journal it had to be done with especial care.

Then there was getting the new website up and going. I got myself in a real technological muddle about that. When everything is finally sorted out I might confess to what happened. But the site is live, including the first of a series of audio and video interviews that I've titled Conversations about Writing.

Gives me all the excuses I need to be nosy about all aspects of writing, publishing and marketing.
Take a look at the site and let me know what you think. Sign up for the monthly newsletter. Who would you like me to interview? Can't promise I'll manage it but I'll certainly try.

http://www.eileenparr.com/

Added to all the other excitement this week, I almost invited a virus on to the computer, I ricked my ankle and broke a tooth.

Life certainly hasn't been dull this month.
Speak to you again soon.
As you can see June's busted out all over in all kinds of directions.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment