Friday 13 July 2012

A creativity walk

I'm planning a new book and recently I felt quite stuck with trying to work out the structure. In the past I've noticed how acivity helps, gets the oxygen flowing through the blood cells.

So despite the black clouds I made for our nearby nature reserve, Attenborough. As well as being stuck with the book, I almost became stuck in the real mud walking round.

With me I took a digital cassette recorder, such a gift for writers, and as well as recording some of my thoughts, recorded some of my impressions as I walked round.

At the unpromising beginning with diggers churning up the path.




Further on in the walk when I got distracted by a heron




Back to the start




I enjoyed the experience. It worked and I could recommend any writer trying it if it isn't already in your tool kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment